Monday, May 15, 2006

What am I listening to lately ?

The best thing has happened to me this week. I have discovered National Radio online. Its fantastic, love hearing the kiwi accent and ofcourse all the homegrown music. Songs from the Front Lawn has been one of my favourites since I was about 16 and Don McGlashan is just amazing. I remember seeing him and the Mutton Birds once when Warners was still a grotty ol'( you had to love it )pub, it was packed, smokey and some guy in the front row was screaming " Don McGlashan you're a god " Ok , you a little extreme but still get those good old nostagic warm fuzzies thinking about it. The whole room was just a mass of swaying , jiggling, a little intoxicated kiwi music enthusiasts. Anyway I am going to have to come up with some way to have my computer, or at least the speakers put through to the living room, so that when I am on maternity leave I can listen to national radio every day.

1 comment:

Domestic Goddess said...

Hey you, yes I love National Radio and go between them and Radio Live(talkback) but can be very funny. Do not forget that you can also get KIWI FM online for that real hit of kiwi music.

I hope all is going well and how about an update on how your bump is!