Sunday, December 31, 2006

Another year...

Its going to be a quiet New Years Eve for us. We don't usually celebrate anyway , although last year I did feel the desire to put on my dancing shoes and even wore my little black dress and went to a party. I had a nice time and even danced for the first time in ages. But this year an early night with a book sounds even better, and maybe even a cuddle with my beloved. I've always been such a sucker for New Years resolutions, but this year I've decided not to make any. I was listening to someone on National Radio talking about how bad they are and how we usually use them as an excuse for a bit of self bashing. I realised that I usually choose things that I didn't like about myself, swear to change them and then when I didn't keep the resolutions past the first week in January, really felt terrible and worthless. So no more , I would like to be kinder to myself this year, hopefully then it will reflect out to those around me. This afternoon has come over , really overcast, I hope it rains soon.

No comments: