Thursday, March 01, 2007

Don't shout in your sisters face


It hasn't been the best of weeks, but nothing too serious. Usual not enough sleep for one reason or another. Maia has a fever today , first time that she has been sick poor baby. I guess its inevitable, but I feel awful for her.


I have decided to give myself one parenting goal every week. Believe me , the older they get the harder it becomes.


This week is ....

1) to use positives instead of negatives. ie Instead of saying " don't" or "no" to turn it around and rephrase it positively. So instead of saying 50 times a day , " Don't yell in your sisters face " rephase to " Can you show Maia how to talk nicely or quietly" Answer will probably be "no" and the thing is that it doesn't bother her , just me , and in fact she seems to find it hilarious. But hopefully the effect will be that I don't feel like such a grumpy old cow.


Anyway, I feel really negative and I want to cut my 'NO's " down to half. Lets see if it works, I think my ability to do this will depend greatly on the amount ( or lack of ) sleep that I will get over the next week.


Hope you enjoy the picture of Daddy's Girl !

No comments: