Wednesday, May 09, 2007

My brillant disguise


Its 40 degrees outside, hot dry wind. This is my summer outfit, huge sunhat and glasses are a necessity. I really want to try and protect my skin. There are some women here who literally have skin like leather and look 10 years older than they are. So no face like a handbag for me. My boss made the earrings , aren't they pretty.

Yes that is my mountain bike in the background. I haven't actually taken it on a mountain yet, but I do ride it to work and back and forth to the dining room and daycare. Actually hit a stone two weeks ago and ended up spattered on the road outside my work. Someone can and picked me up , bruised bottom , knee, thighs, hands and hands. But proud to say I eventually got back on. The pot behind by shoulder was full of petunias , now well and truly dried up as summer makes its way. We have drip irrigation so I don't have to worry about watering them. The blue bucket that is sitting in the hedge ( I only just noticed it was there is one of by washing baskets and I have no idea what it is doing there. The shed on my other side , is half full of junk but we don't really use it as the door is broken so it is full of dust and sand. My brothers sports shoe is sitting on top as he just went hiking for a few days and came back filthy. Of course I also have my horrible maternity bra strap showing underneath my singlet top. Can't wait to give up those things !

2 comments:

Jules said...

You look beautiful! Good on you with the biking, I keep looking at mine in the garage, but that's as far as I've got so far...

Love the hippo story, what a giggle, not for the dwarf obviously but ha ha!

Glad to have you back and blogging. Love ya, xxx

Domestic Goddess said...

I cringe at the thought of the heat you get there and could most likely never leave the house for if I did I would be a sweaty grease spot upon the concrete.

Maternity Bras....I can so relate I just want to burn mine. I should have bought some new ones but instead I kept the ones from Ella so although they all were different colours they are now the same rubbed up and mis shapened shade of grey, hateful things.

Mind you I do not knowhow much longer they will be needed as Pops seems to think she is much older than she and prefers a bottle, lazy little lady