Saturday, April 28, 2012

My body

This morning I took a long walk.  With my arm in a sling it took me a while and I was very aware of my balance and not tripping over my own feet ( which has been happening far too much lately) 

The walk was lovely and the best thing that I did for myself all week -good music , great weather , desert views and one good strongvstep one after another.

Since breaking my arm I have been thinking alot about my body. I think that I might have a bit of a block.  It's not that I don't like it, it's just that I don't think about it at all really.
( Maybe sticking my head in the sand .. hmm ) 

This is what I do know :

Since breaking my arm I have a deep appreciation of movement and how my body moves and how important it well.

I realise that I do not really have an awareness of my body and what it needs. The only times that I was really aware of my body over the last few years was when I was pregnant.  I feel like I never really gained possession afterwards.

I need to lose weight - maybe 12 kgs yikes.

I feel that I need to find more ways to move and keep my body strong and flexible.  Here's a confession  instead of bending down to look for my shoes under the sofa I get my son to do it.

My body needs me to cut down on coffee and feed it more of the things that will increase my energy and feel lighter and more better.

I need to do more for myself so I can give to all the lovelies in my life,

I am too young to feel like this.

I want to have more fun with my body ....

No comments: