Monday, January 15, 2007

Last week was one of those crazy weeks that you are just on the go constantly. First of all I had my driving test to swap my licence over , I passed thank goodness but it was the end of a very long process. So look out, I'm on the road again !~ Secondly, we celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary. I was looking at my wedding photos and the main thing that I noticed was how young I looked. Where did that woman go ? I feel so old and hagged ( ?? ) comparatively. Must do something about that, sometime ! We went out for dinner with babe, who was a little unsettled so didn't really make for a romantic time , but the meal was nice on the marina. Wednesday Erez got sick with 39.7 fever and this lasted a couple of days, he is still not a 100 percent. Thursday my in laws arrived as Friday was Yonatans birthday. This is really the first year that he has been into his birthday and he requested a dinosaur cake. I was really proud of my effort and it turned out really well I think !Up till late Thursday night , decorating the dinosaur ( looked a bit more like a dragon but there were no complaints so that's OK ) Friday there was a party at daycare and big Friday night dinner, Saturday morning we had a small party at home for Yonatans birthday, which was nice but I had woken up feeling terrible, but tried my best to be a good hostess all day. So relieved Saturday night when everyone went home. Spent yesterday feeling terrible , passed out at 5.00 pm and had a terrible night , but I think I feel better today.
I was really looking forward to having a little normality this week so I refuse to be sick. Oh another terrible , but at the sound time kind of funny ( in a very black way ) Yonatan has suddenly become very interested in death and asking all sorts of related questions, what happens when people die , who dies , where do they go , why don't they fall out of the sky, what about animals, lions etc ? What about dogs , because they live in the house like us so do they go to the sky with us or turn to dust like the other animals ? All a bit to much to cope with when you have a fever and a runny nose. I guess its the age , he is suddenly very concerned about himself and I need to do some reading on how to make him feel more reassured about it. I remember when I was a kid being so concerned about my Mum dying, and about what would happen to me. Any suggestions ?

2 comments:

Domestic Goddess said...

Well hello there lovely lady,
Oh my gosh I have missed out on heaps.

Love your new blog look, most impressed and not only that, what commitment to blogging.

Yonatan is at such a cool age I can only but imagine Ella at his stage and I better start schooling up now!

Jase and I went out on a hot date last week and we went to the movies to see 'Borat' Oh my lord, very naughty(esp to jewish people), but piss your pants funny have you seen it? Shocking in fact!

I cannot believe where time has gone I have not had a spare moment in weeks in fact I have not even got my thankyous out for Christmas, how rude!

Keep your blog up, I love to read it, I will write when I have a spare moment
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jules said...

Yeah, I think I'm up and running again.

Miss you mate.

No advice on Yonatan's questioning, but yes, I remember doing the same, even to the point where Mum walked in on a conversation the three of us were having about our preferred burial options... bizarre eh?!

I had completely forgotten Yonatan's birthday present until I read it on your blog. There are some kiwiana kiwiclings on the way to him. Hope he likes them, Molly loves hers.

Speak soon xxx