Wednesday, January 31, 2007

" Where's my fish 'n' chips ?
" Fish face ... come here fishie fishie "

OK , so I am even more tired today but not feeling so down. Thanks for all the support, I guess that it is just a mother thing no matter where in the world you are !! So its overcast today but still about 19 degrees so no complaints, I love the winter here. I have been to the laundry and done a load of baby's clothes , she's asleep now ( finally ) so and making the most of it. She has always been such a good sleeper , unlike her brother who still wakes several times a night , so I guess the last few nights are pay back time, shes making sure that I am not taking her goodness for granted. After moaning about my house yesterday I had a change around in the living room and it looks a lot better. Still have the urge to go shopping for cushions, plants, new lights and other homely accessories , but I am happier with the way it looks. These houses are built to stay cool and so the windows on the sunny side are small and the sliding door outside is on the dark side of the house. It's great in summer but in winter the room is quite dark. On the bright side, the kibbutz is going on a trip to Turkey in March for 4 nights to stay in a lovely hotel, its not an organised tour ( couldn't think of anything worse ) but everyone breaks off and does there own thing. Its all paid for so that's a real bonus. Only problem is no kids , so that means Mrs Desert flower will be at home !Erez did offer to not go in all fairness, but it was just a bluff as he knew that I would say , " no, you go , have fun " . I don't mind too much , I intend to cream it for all its worth and hopefully get some nice pressies, especially since he comes back the day before my birthday ! But in my heart I'm thinking how wonderful Istanbul is and how fantastic a week away would be !There will be another time. the up side is that my brother will be here, so that will be a good help and a good chance to spend some time with him. Hope you enjoy the pictures from the aquarium last weekend.

No comments: