Sunday, October 08, 2006

A day in the life

I am really enjoying being at home with Maia. We haven't really got into any schedule , but the mornings seem to pass by and most afternoons we both have a sleep. So things are good. I brought home the scales today, from the kibbbutz clinic, but she is sound asleep so I haven't had a chance to weigh her yet. I am sure that she's put on a bit of weight and I feel like she is already so much bigger. You know, 18 days and a "big girl " already. She has had a sore tummy in the venings in the last week and I have been drinking fennel tea and eating adophvilous yogurts, and reducing the milk that I'm drinking. With Yonatan I couldn't eat any milk products for 6 months because of his colic, so thank goodness it doesn't seem to have come to that ... yet. Fingers crossed.
Bad news is that our good friends from the kibbutz are leaving. They have had a really tough absorption period and its just not working for them. The kibbutz has been a really negative experience for them , which disappoints me as well , that a place that I feel is so accepting of me , has given them such a hard time. I hope they will stay in the area and will have to make the most of their last three months here.
Yonatan is good, a little bit of regression in his behaviour, he has started this really awful crying when he doesn't get his own way and on friday night he threw a plate in the dining room !!So he is having to take money from his money box, to " buy a new plate " and I will march him to the dining room to present it to someone there. Yesterday his naughtiness was quite funny ( well sort of )He was playing hide and seek outside with his friends and was brought inside to get ready for bed, He threw a wobbly and was out in his room, where he dumped all the stuffed toys and blankets from his top bunk. When we came in his room was a mess, we were really proud of our response , instead of screaming and yelling ( which I have been known to do , once or twice in the past ! ) we just started picking things up. He looked stunned and said " do you want to know why I did this ? " We looked at him and said " not really " and kept picking up. He was bursting to tell us, and got no reaction. Hopefully next time , he will realise it doesn't work. Most probably though, he will just come up with new and original ideas for trying to challenge us !! Three year olds ! Jods and Jules, its coming , trust me !! Lucky he is so cute!
I just realised that I have written a whole blog entirely about my children, wind and naughtiness ! Hope you are still awake !

4 comments:

Jules said...

Is there anything other then wind, naughtiness and kids?? I've forgotten...

So nice to talk to you hun, we'll work on the animal noises for next time, now what noise does a giraffe make I wonder?

Domestic Goddess said...

Oh lordy three going on thirteen and I am so very proud of you for not loosing your cool. My hero. I bet it pissed him off, mind you knowing children he is silently plotting to get the right response! I need to take a leaf from that book!

desert flower said...

Is it bad, that I secretly get pleasure from pissing him off in this manner ?

Jules said...

Aah, the joys of motherhood! Take it where you find it eh!